THE MONSTER THAT NEVER IS

    A few days ago I did something really bad to somebody. I felt so bad I wasted a whole day thinking about it. It was certainly not a comfortable day for me. 
    To most people owning up to our mistakes and saying sorry is a real challenge. You do something to someone, you avoid him/her for a while then you come back and talk to him as if nothing happened.  I tried to apply that trick but I could not avoid the person in question. Every place I went to he happened to be there and we collided, I dodged him the first and second time but still we kept colliding and I had to do something. I put on my sorry face and apologized, I don't really know what I said but surprisingly he was not hostile as I had anticipated. He went like

    "Ooh! That, you don't have to be sorry mistakes happen." really I never expected it. I had mustered all my strength to apologize and he says I shouldn't be sorry. Anyway after that I felt like I had been unchained and was now free. 
    Saying sorry can really be a huge monster, it will make you feel weak but in the real sense only strong people say it and mean it. You will think so many things before saying it, like how stupid you will look after saying it. But it's actually not a big deal, just look them straight in the eyes and say it. 
    My friend was a learned friend, he already saw how sorry I was and he simply didn't want me to be put down by it, so he just said what he said.
After saying sorry remember not to repeat the mistake again.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog