TECH SHAME

    It's good to be conscious of where you are going and by what means you are getting to your destination. I recently experienced an embarrassing situation due to ignorance.
     I was tired, I crossed the road of this busy street, almost got ran over. I didn't want to go further so the first matatu that came along, I was in. I sat on the nearest available seat. Next to me was a man probably in his late seventies, he was the talkative type. He asked me if I was going the same destination with him, I nodded in agreement, he kept giving me this curious look, as he was about to make further inquiries, the screen was on and loud sounds emanated from the speakers, at first, this came as a relief but it wasn't. The song being played was full of obscene language and equally obscene visual images, the first time I looked at the screen I literally went blind for some minutes. I vowed to be blind throughout the journey but my old friend would not let me. 

    He shook me to my sight and pointing the screen he started asking me loudly why we  did such things. I am sure you don't want to know what was going on on the screen. 
   " Nyinyi wasichana mlizaliwa wapi, mnafanya vituko mbele yetu, wewe angalia chini na unyamaze kwa aibu yako, ," he was equally irritated as I was and he was saying it as if I was the one on the screen. My silence was proving me guilty. Approaching a police inspection point, the volume was reduce and my talkative friend got to express himself well and loud enough for everybody to hear, much to my embarrassment I was his reference point.  The guy was crazy.  I regretted why  I steeped foot in that mat. I wondered what enjoyment came from watching such stuff in public. We are actually taking pride in shame.
    Technology is like a swing set, it takes us back and forth. Somebody needs to invent visual regulators, so that those who want to see such things should not involve those who don't want to see. 

Comments

  1. This will continue to happen as long as technology changes exponentially and new songs keep popping up and new matatus continue being put on our roads.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means our morals might be extinct in the years to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah. It's such a bad state. May the Lord help us. Something really needs to be done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah. It's such a bad state. May the Lord help us. Something really needs to be done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog