CALLS FOR COURTESY 

    I get into this office, the secretary is busy typing something while speaking on the phone. I wait, after says done she asks me why am standing. well etiquette suggests that I should not sit until when  told to. Another guy comes along, gets in the office, spinning the lollipop in his mouth, this made him look like a clown. Without even greeting the secretary, he asks if he can see the boss, the secretary tells him he cant see him with his lollipop. As I walked out of the office, I noticed that I had forgotten to shut the door behind. 

    Back at home many of us forget to tell our mothers thank you for a hearty meal, we tend to think it's monotonous, but it's a very important gesture.
 Some people do things and we give them the "seriously" kind of look but they seem not to be aware of it. One of such is when our friends come in our houses and they start touching everything, they want to get into your phone, without permission, they go to your room and start trying out your outfits. Some come unannounced and don't know when to leave.  Some come borrow you stuff but you'll not get them back unless you make a follow up.
    The use of the 'F...' word and other obscene words in public is the other concern, we just say anything anywhere and anyhow. Other irritating behaviors include, people sitting next to you, peeking on your phone conversations, some even go to the extent of  asking you whom you are chatting with and commenting. Another is when someone finds two people conversing and instead of waving and walking away he/she gets into the conversation unwelcome, even when the conversation has nothing to do with he/she. Before we engage in such behaviors, we should learn other peoples boundaries and learn to respect them. 
    My friend and I peep into each others phones and we have no problem with it, but I will definitely be uncomfortable if it was someone else.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog