BEING IGNORED

    When some people ignore us we feel bad, but when others do so, we have no problem. Recently  as I was walking around and I happen to come across someone I knew, I always know when someone wants to ignore me and so I also pretend that I've not seen them, this particular person struggled really hard to look at the other side as I drew closer. It was as if I owed him something and he was not in a position to pay my "debt" at that particular moment.
It is true sometimes we just don't feel like saying hi to people but why pretend not to have seen them when we know very well that we have seen them and we know that they have noticed that we have seen them? It gets weird when we try hard by pretending we are on our phones or when we look aside. It is not law that we must greet them, we can just pass and give them a nod, it's smart that way. 
     At times we ignore people genuinely, but they don't understand. I sometimes have so much in my mind, I actually see people but in the real sense I haven't seen them, (I hope am making sense) my mind is just not on them and unless they shout at me, I'll simply pass them by. 
     
Some people don't take being ignored lightly, some even get emotional when they are ignored by specific people. It does't cost us anything to say hi, or by acknowledging people with a smile or nod if we are not in a position to say hi, does it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog