INFERIORITY COMPLEX

    Everybody is good at something and no one is good at everything. One cannot possibly improve himself beyond his means. people should put their energies where their strength lies instead of trying to do what others are good at, by not doing so, so many people risk losing themselves.
    A young lady recently joined a new class and the lecturer asked her to introduce herself.
    "My name is Mercy Sasha, I came from Utawala city(a posh city in that country), my dad is the mayor of Utawala and my mum is an ambassador," the young lady said an sat down. The rest of the class was in awe. After the class, the lecturer called the girl aside and asked her the name of her father. 
    "He is called Steven" the lady answered.
    "Steven Msitu?" the lecturer asked and the girl nodded in approval.
    "Steven Msitu is my brother and he doesn't have a daughter." the lecturer said.
     The young lady wanted to associate herself with people of a class that she never belonged to. Why? She thought that she was not that good and neither were her people. The truth was that she come from a small village and her dad was a business man and her mum was a stay-at-home mum.

    Another guy had  to a get-together party with his long lost friends, at the party everyone was asked to introduce himself and give a brief account of how they have been ever since they parted ways. All his friends were saying the way some of them were married to the best wives and some said they were in the most perfect relationships, even though most of them were lying just so that they would not feel out of place. Apparently the young man in question was the last to introduce himself.
     "I am single and struggling, as you can see here(points at a scar in his hand), I was exercising my cooking skills when I mistook cooking oil to be water and things never worked out in my  favour. this morning also I discovered a new ingredient for porridge, I took the rice can thinking it was the can of sugar and I added the rice in my porridge, and drank it, I kept blaming the "sugar" manufacturers for  the poor refining of the "sugar," I only noticed it when I was done, but it was sweet." the guy said with pride as the others laughed. 
    The surest way of improving ourselves is by first appreciating who we are.   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog