THE POWER OF THE TONGUE

    Morris mwenda, the trending name at the moment. The boy is a street kid with a good command of the English language. He spoke and became famous in an instant. Your tongue can really take you places.
    The renowned motivational speaker and author, Pepe Minambo recently gave us a talk and explained how most  people who talk end up having their way. Of course we all talk(believe me I do, people are yet to perceive that I do) but other people tend to talk a lot. He illustrated how a magistrate  told him that many people who are behind bars are innocent but are in simply because they couldn't talk to defend themselves
 and the ones supposed to be in are free simply because they talked. I don't know how true this is but at least Morris, the kid has elaborated some facts.
    Some people talk much and yet make little or no sense, others tend to talk less and they make lots of sense. There is also another category of "talkers" they are so good at arguing, even when they are on the wrong, they will argue their way out and be proven not guilty, guess this was the group the speaker referred to. To me the power of the tongue lies in what it brings out and how it influences my thinking. I have this thing with words, I just love listening to people playing around with words and making sense but most of us misuse the tongue and bring damage to other people ears and brains. lets learn to bring out the best of our tongues. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog